Job Number: JO070
Posted: September 29, 2023
Start Date: November 1, 2022
Type: Full-Time Contract
Ionada is a clean technology company that develops and manufactures carbon capture systems to help reduce the impact of global warming. Ionada’s team includes international scientists, engineers, and technicians who have developed membrane technology breakthroughs for emission reduction. Our success and future growth are contingent upon hiring the best and the brightest, providing them with a positive, meaningful environment to help develop their skills, talents, and uniqueness. What we offer is a balanced work-life, a fair and fun place to work. We require honesty, integrity, and a professional commitment to serve our customers.
The company’s VP-Finance is primarily responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and running all the financial activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and negotiations. The VP-Finance job description should include obtaining and maintaining investor relations and company compliance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
As part of an executive management team, the VP of finance will interact with various company members, both senior and junior. The VP of Finance job description should include:
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Responsible for ensuring the Group operates sound risk management and internal control systems to safeguard stakeholders’ interests in the Group’s assets and to ensure the integrity of the Group’s financial performance and statements.
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
- Oversee development, oversight, and management of the organization’s investment plan.
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Process the organization’s financial activities to maximize profits and plan for growth.
- Ensures full compliance with all laws and regulations in all jurisdictions in which we do business.
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- To support the CEO in ensuring the development and execution of strategies to create incremental new shareholder value year over year.
Qualifications & Requirements
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant field; MSc/MBA or CPA is highly desirable.
- Five to ten years of managerial experience in the finance industry and proven leadership and management experience are essential.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- A VP-Finance must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the executive presence to work with senior management, investors and external stakeholders.
- They must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
About the position:
- Ionada’s operation is quasi-virtual.
- This position is a work-from-home setup with occasional travel.
Email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject format should be “LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, APPLICATION FOR VP-FINANCE”