Job Number: J057
Posted: September 27, 2023
Start Date: October 27, 2023
Type: Full Time Contract
Ionada is a clean technology company that develops, manufactures, and markets exhaust gas cleaning systems for the marine and power generation industries. Dry Desulfurization systems allow ship owners to continue using low-cost heavy fuel oil (HFO) while meeting the new more stringent IMO emission regulations.
Our success and future growth is contingent upon hiring the best and the brightest, providing them a positive, meaningful environment to help develop their skills, talents and uniqueness. What we offer is a balanced work life, a fair and fun place to work. What we require is honesty, integrity, and a professional commitment to serve our customers.
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead and have an opening for Laboratory Technician Assistant at our Houston office.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry/Engineering or other related science with at least 8-12 course hours of Chemistry (inorganic/organic). Some coursework in analytical chemistry a plus.
- Hands on experience with analytical balances, manual pipettors, and volumetric glassware. Ability to accurately measure weights and volumes with minimal errors.
- Experience working safely with strong acids/bases and hazardous chemicals in a controlled environment.
- Ability to apply basic laboratory math and calculate simple dilutions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods in the work environment.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective gear
- As Lab Tech you will be trained and become familiar with Ionada’s carbon capture technology and current safety standards.
- Start up, run and shut down the mini pilot capture system.
- Trouble shoot and resolve operational issues.
- Prepare and analyze samples per required analysis.
- Maintain excellent files and records regarding test equipment, consumables, operating conditions and analytical results.
- Follow safety rules and regulations in all that you do, from conducting prototype or laboratory tests and building equipment to performing basic material or environmental tests using basic electrical/electronic, chemical and mechanical equipment.
- Maintain Laboratory Standards and Quality Control Check standards.
- Experience with titration systems; operation and maintenance preferred.
- Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking to issues in the laboratory.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in receiving samples, managing a sample list, and/or data entry a definite bonus.
- 2 years of work experience in a production/process laboratory environment
- Requisition Number: 2308001
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
- Product Service Line: Engineering Support
- Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- Location for this position: 3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Technology Center, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org