Job Number: J057
Posted: September 27, 2023
Start Date: October 27, 2023
Type: Full Time Contract
Ionada is a clean technology company that develops and manufactures carbon capture systems to help reduce the impact of global warming. Ionada’s team includes international scientists, engineers and technicians that have developed breakthroughs in membrane technologies for emission reductions. Our success and future growth is contingent upon hiring the best and the brightest, providing them a positive, meaningful environment to help develop their skills, talents and uniqueness. What we offer is a balanced work life, a fair and fun place to work. What we require is honesty, integrity, and a professional commitment to serve our customers.
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead and have an opening for Laboratory Technician Assistant at our Houston office.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry/Engineering or other related science with at least 8-12 course hours of Chemistry (inorganic/organic). Some coursework in analytical chemistry a plus.
- Hands on experience with analytical balances, manual pipettors, and volumetric glassware. Ability to accurately measure weights and volumes with minimal errors.
- Experience working safely with strong acids/bases and hazardous chemicals in a controlled environment.
- Ability to apply basic laboratory math and calculate simple dilutions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods in the work environment.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective gear
- As Lab Tech you will be trained and become familiar with Ionada’s carbon capture technology and current safety standards.
- Start up, run and shut down the mini pilot capture system.
- Trouble shoot and resolve operational issues.
- Prepare and analyze samples per required analysis.
- Maintain excellent files and records regarding test equipment, consumables, operating conditions and analytical results.
- Follow safety rules and regulations in all that you do, from conducting prototype or laboratory tests and building equipment to performing basic material or environmental tests using basic electrical/electronic, chemical and mechanical equipment.
- Maintain Laboratory Standards and Quality Control Check standards.
- Experience with titration systems; operation and maintenance preferred.
- Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking to issues in the laboratory.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in receiving samples, managing a sample list, and/or data entry a definite bonus.
- 2 years of work experience in a production/process laboratory environment
- Requisition Number: 2308001
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
- Product Service Line: Engineering Support
- Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- Location for this position: 3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Technology Center, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org