Job Number: J054
Posted: September 3, 2021
Start Date: November 3, 2021
Type: Full Time Contract
Ionada is a clean technology company that develops and manufactures carbon capture systems to help reduce the impact of global warming. Ionada’s team includes international scientists, engineers and technicians that have developed breakthroughs in membrane technologies for emission reductions. Our success and future growth is contingent upon hiring the best and the brightest, providing them a positive, meaningful environment to help develop their skills, talents and uniqueness. What we offer is a balanced work life, a fair and fun place to work. What we require is honesty, integrity, and a professional commitment to serve our customers.
We have an opening for an entry level, junior position as a Carbon Capture Project Engineer. If you have an entrepreneurial approach to business challenges, comfortable in a small company environment, and thrive on challenges that stretch your capabilities, then you are what we need.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Candidate must possess a technical degree, such as Marine, Mechanical, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering.
- Ability and willingness to travel worldwide anytime of the year as well as sail with vessels
- At least 2 years’ experience in related field
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, PLC systems.
- Trained in industry safe work practices and safety standards.
- Proficiency in English, German and additional languages an asset.
- Can work with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under pressure, under strict timeline, with strict governance of Safety principles established already.
- Excellent technical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Seaman credentials and sailing experience preferred.
- Manage and execute projects per PMR
- Act as the point of contact between the senior engineers and client
- Responsible for the coordination of project activities, design, build and commissioning, and modifications.
- Coordinate with the Senior Project Manager to plan and manage Plant CAPEX. Order equipment on time as planned.
- Assist admin/purchase department with the technical specifications of items needed and arrangement of items to be shipped to the client.
- Ensure your participation for Design Review and Drawing review
- Responsible for the installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the system.
- Ensure transfer of technical knowledge to the client and prevent reoccurrence of failures
About the position:
- Pay is weekly thru Wise (Transferwise).
- 40 hours a week, schedule is based on client’s schedule approval for the work to be done at their site.
- This is an Independent Contractor position and does not include benefits
- Travel expenses including visa if needed are covered by the Company
- Monthly rate depends on your qualification and experience, not subject to OT Pay.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Job Order # JO054 – Carbon Capture Project Engineer” on the title of your email.