Location: Concord, Ontario
Posting Date: August 1, 2017
Closing Date: August 31, 2017
Ionada is a Canadian owned and operated company that develops, manufactures, and markets
Membrane Scrubber™ systems for the marine and power generation industries. Ionada’s team includes
international scientists, engineers and technicians that have developed breakthroughs in membrane
technologies for emission reductions.
Our success and future growth is contingent upon hiring the best and the brightest, providing them a
positive, meaningful environment to help develop their skills, talents and uniqueness. What we offer is a
balanced work life, a fair and fun place to work. What we require is honesty, integrity, and a
professional commitment to serve our customers.
We have an immediate opening for a Marine Service Technician / Engineer based out of our Canadian
headquarters in Concord, Ontario. If you have an entrepreneurial approach to technical and business
challenges, are inspired by cutting edge technologies, possess strong technical skills and the discipline to
deliver, are comfortable in a small company environment, and thrive on challenges that stretch your
capabilities, then we are looking for you.
- Execute site project management, equipment installations and technical leader duties on board
- Responsible for pre-planning, site scheduling, field engineering, oversight and direction of other
field resources, commissioning, control system startup, and project handover to customers.
Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues while onboard.
- Works closely with project managers, customers and supplier representatives to ensure financial
performance, quality project installation, timeliness, and customer satisfaction
- Generally performs work involving, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans,
investigations, systems or equipment with some degree of complexity;
- Acts as a strong team player within the home office engineering team; and
- Testing new processes and collecting data required to make improvements and modifications
- Investigating and troubleshooting process problems
- Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines and within financial budgets
- Ensuring that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities
- Assessing safety and environmental issues
- Ensuring safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation
- Executing work according to sound engineering practices
- Following established policies and procedures while ensuring the highest level of quality
Qualification & Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years of practical engineering experience such as design engineering, systems start-ups and
installation, field engineering or plant operations, or system modification.
- Position is most suitable for individuals with a Mechanical, Industrial or Marine Engineering
background and foundation.
- Working technical knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods,
P&ID, plant layout, materials, piping, fluid dynamics and computer-based process engineering calculations;
hands-on approach to Electronics, Controls and Mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to
prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, geographically dispersed team environment is required.
- Effective and excellent written and oral English communication skills a must.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and passport (or able to obtain).
- Previous industrial field service experience is an asset.
- Previous marine and sailing experience preferred.
- Experience with SOx gas scrubbers for marine applications
- A sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Have a great attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
- Extensive domestic and international travel will be required, including sailing on customers
- Ability to work modified hours and modified rotation schedules as required.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review
will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration. If you are interested in
this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.